PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
The entire content included in this site, including but not limited to text, graphics or code is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws, and is the property of DeFoor Institute, LLC. The collective work includes works that are licensed to DeFoor Institute, LLC. Copyright 2020, DeFoor Institute, LLC.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with DeFoor Institute, LLC or purchasing DeFoor Institute, LLC products. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use, or to place an order with DeFoor Institute, LLC or to purchase DeFoor Institute, LLC products. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by DeFoor Institute, LLC. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the site.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of DeFoor Institute, LLC used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of DeFoor Institute, LLC.
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, DeFoor Institute, LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. DeFoor Institute, LLC does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. DeFoor Institute, LLC does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
DeFoor Institute, LLC shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this site or the performance of the products, even if DeFoor Institute, LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In the event that a DeFoor Institute, LLC product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, DeFoor Institute, LLC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. DeFoor Institute, LLC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, DeFoor Institute, LLC shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the site and/or completing the registration or shopping process. These terms and conditions, or any part of them, may be terminated by DeFoor Institute, LLC without notice at any time, for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination.
DeFoor Institute, LLC may deliver notice to you by means of e-mail, a general notice on the site, or by other reliable method to the address you have provided to DeFoor Institute, LLC .
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law provisions, and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of DeFoor Institute, LLC products) shall be in the state or federal courts located in San Diego County, California. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the site (including but not limited to the purchase of DeFoor Institute, LLC products) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. DeFoor Institute, LLC ‘s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. DeFoor Institute, LLC may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
Use of Site
Harassment in any manner or form on the site, including via e-mail, chat, or by use of obscene or abusive language, is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including a DeFoor Institute, LLC. or other licensed employee, host, or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the site is prohibited. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal, or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the site or use the site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
DeFoor Institute, LLC does not and cannot review all communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content on the site, DeFoor Institute, LLC is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site. However, DeFoor Institute, LLC reserves the right to block or remove communications or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark or; other intellectual property right of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to DeFoor Institute, LLC in its sole discretion.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DeFoor Institute, LLC , its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the “Service Providers”) from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the site using your Internet account.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, DeFoor Institute, LLC may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with DeFoor Institute, LLC. DeFoor Institute, LLC has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of DeFoor Institute, LLC. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, DeFoor Institute, LLC seeks to protect the integrity of its web site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).
3. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
4. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
7. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please visit our DMCA Policy link at the bottom of the site pages to view our Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown policies and to make a claim of infringement. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
9. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
10. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
12. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
17. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
Last Updated on March 26th, 2020
We value our relationship with you and take your privacy seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to identify how we may process, collect, store, disclose, share and use (collectively, “use”) your personal information that we collect from you or from others in connection with your use of our websites (including DeFoor.Institute and DeFoorInstitute.com) or purchase of products, webinars, content or other services from us (collectively, our “Services”). This Privacy Notice also identifies your rights with respect to your personal information, all as described in more detail below.
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time, by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the updated version. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice through an alert on our websites and/or via email. We may also provide other privacy notices on specific occasions when we are using your personal information in ways that differ from what we have described here so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information and what your rights are with respect to such use.
This Privacy Notice contains the following information, which you can access by scrolling down:
1. The personal information we collect about you
2. How we may use personal information about you
3. Who we may share your personal information with
4. How we safeguard your personal information
5. How long we store your personal information
6. Your rights and options regarding your personal information
7. Our policy on children’s information
8. Links to other websites and services
9. How to contact us with questions about our use of your personal information
The information we collect about you
What is personal information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We do not consider personal information to include information that can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect information from you both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you use our Services. We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
For more information about the personal information we collect, read on below.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, make a purchase, provide us information on a web form, engage or connect with us through one of our social media pages, update or add information to your account, chat with a customer support specialist, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
In addition, we also collect personal information about you from third parties in connection with our Services, including from the following sources:
• E-commerce service providers
• Email, chat and other communications service providers
• Customer service providers
• Data analytics service providers
• Advertising providers
• Social media platforms
For more information about the types of your personal information, we may use, see the detailed descriptions below.
General Personal Data
We may use the following categories of personal information in connection with your use of our Services:
• Personal contact details, such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
• Date of birth
• Social media account information
• Account preferences
• Financial information, such as credit card numbers
• Location information
• Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, order ID, and unique device token
• Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your weblog information
Special Categories of Data
We never request or require you to provide any of the following special categories of data, but through our chat services and customer services interactions, we know that sometimes customers and users of the Services choose on their own to share the following kinds of personal information with us:
• Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and political opinions
• Information about your health, including any medical conditions, diagnoses and/or injuries
Again, we will never request or require this type of information! But if you decide to share it with us, our business partners who provide tools to support our chat and customer service interactions generally maintain a copy of transcripts and recordings for all customer service transactions, but we do not use or disclose it for any purposes other than resolving or analyzing complaints, suggestions or issues brought to our attention by you.
Other Information We Collect About You
Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
• Pixels, Beacons. We or third-party ad servers may use invisible pixels or beacons on the Services to count how many users visit certain pages or content. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our marketing programs and content and to target advertisements to you.
• Other Non-Personal Information. In addition to personal information, you choose to provide us or that is automatically collected by us and our third-party service providers when you use the Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect certain usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Services. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the source of the request, the preceding page view, and other similar information (collectively, “Usage Information”).
2. How we may use information about you
We will only use your personal information for the purposes identified below unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose described here. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
General Personal Data
In general, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
• In connection with our provision of Services to you, which may include the following:
• Managing and fulfilling your orders
• Providing webinars
• Providing programs and courses
• Payment processing and account management
• Providing customer support and responding to your questions or comments
• Operating and improving our Services
• Managing your rewards account
• For us to comply with our legal obligations, including assessing compliance with our regulatory requirements (e.g., using customer order information in the aggregate, including revenues generated in connection with our regulatory tax requirements).
• For our other legitimate interests to make available and highlight content and opportunities that are relevant to you, improve our Services, maintain our relationship with you, and protect users of our Services and customers, where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We both benefit when we use your information to:
• Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience
• Offer new features, programs, and opportunities
• Decide which ads to show you by only showing you those that “match” your past viewing, browsing, and shopping activity. Many advertising services collect and use data from your web and mobile app activity both on and off the Services to help show you ads that are more targeted to your interests
• Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law
• Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
• Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates)
• Contact you regarding your account or an order, to troubleshoot problems with your account or an order, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
• Monitor and improve the information security of our websites
• Keeping our Services safe, secure and operational
• Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities
• Customizing content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take
• Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
• Conduct analytics on who is using the Services and what they are doing. For example, by reviewing how often people read certain content, we can learn and understand which content is most valuable and helpful to you and others
• Use your geolocation to provide location-based services
• With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
• Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text
• Provide you with marketing from third parties
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
• Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
• Where it is needed in the public interest.
Special Categories of Data
Notwithstanding the above, we will only use the “special categories” of data described in the “The Information we collect about you” section above in very limited circumstances and only with your express consent or, less commonly, we may use this type of data where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
We will never ask you for such special categories of information, but if you provide it to us in your communications with us, such as, for instance, in customer support chats, we and our third-party service providers who we employ to assist us to manage customer- and visitor-provided requests and communications will store, but not otherwise use or disclose, such information in accordance with our standard data retention policies.
If you do not wish for us to have such special categories of personal information, please do not disclose it to us.
Other Information We Collect About You
• Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
• We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our Services and other websites, apps or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of our Services and other websites, apps, and services on any of your devices, as well as the information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
• Do Not Track Signals. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as there are not yet standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit our website.
• Usage Information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. When analyzed, Usage Information helps us determine how our Services are used, such as what types of visitors arrive at the Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may associate your Usage Information with the personal information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as personal information.
3. Who we may share your personal information with
In connection with our services, we may share your personal information with the following types of recipients:
• Our service providers, who we engage to help us run our business and perform the Services, including:
• Software and service providers we use to manage and process your information (e.g., payment processing software)
• Software and service providers we use to communicate with you (e.g., e-mail marketing service providers)
• Advertising service providers we use to assist us in providing personalized advertising
• Hosting providers that provide database storage for our business
• Shipping providers for purposes of shipping products you have ordered
• Internally, among different departments and with our investors and trusted advisors
Additionally, we will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary in connection with our Services or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Most, if not all, of the third parties with whom we may share your personal information are located and store your information in the United States, although some may store your information outside of the United States.
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in connection with the transaction. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined or acquiring entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information.
4. How we safeguard your personal information
We store your personal information in the United States or other countries outside your home country. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. Other than third parties with whom we share personal information in connection with our performance of Services, third parties we engage in our business who may have access to your personal information will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are required to only use your data as necessary to perform their contract with us.
5. How we safeguard your personal information
We may store your personal information following completion of transactions with you to the extent required to comply with our legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and to provide information about our Services (such as your order history) requested by you. Additionally, we may continue to store your personal information contained in our standard back-ups.
6. Your rights and options regarding your personal information
Your data belongs to you, not us. Therefore, you have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you and send you marketing information. You can opt-out from receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by:
• Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us; or
• Contacting us as set forth under “How to contact us” below
In addition, depending on where you live*, you may have the following rights with respect to your data under certain circumstances:
• The right to request access to your personal information and the following information regarding our use of your personal information:
• The purpose of such use
• The categories of your personal information that we have used
• Who we have disclosed your personal information to
• The right to request us to correct any inaccurate personal information concerning you.
• The right to request us to erase your personal information when we no longer need such data in connection with our services or, with respect to “special categories” of personal information, if you withdraw consent to our use of such information.
• The right to withdraw consent to our use of “special categories” of personal information.
• The right to request us to restrict our use of your personal information (e.g., suspend our use of your personal information).
• The right to object to our use of your personal information where we are not using it to perform Services you have requested from us.
• The right to receive a copy of your personal information.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country.
If you want to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us through one of the methods listed in the “How to contact us” section below.
In addition, regardless of where you live, you have choices available to you through the device or browser you use to access the Services. For example:
• The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
• Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your location, advertising identifiers, and other data is shared with us.
* The rights listed in this section apply if you reside in the European Union.
7. Our policy on children’s information
Children under 13 are not allowed to use the Services. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may only use the Services if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Services has been provided to us. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using the Services and you don’t want them to, please contact us.
8. Links to other websites and services
The Services may have links to other websites that are not operated by us. We have no control over how these websites may collect your information and no liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented on these websites. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
9. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the methods listed below. If you have a complaint or concern about how we are using your personal information, then we will work to address such concern(s).